2020 Telemark Clinic
January 25, 2020
The Novice Tele workshop accommodates skiers brand new to telemark (never-evers) to intermediate telemarkers that have been doing it for a couple years. Instruction covers the basics: stance, traverse, edging, balance and rotation. We cover tele turn, weight transition, edging, linking turns, poling. We will also offer various levels of telemark instruction, from the bunny slopes to the steeper slopes, for novice and intermediate skiers. There will be volunteer instructors available for beginning, and intermediate telemark. Please let us know which group you fit into so we can line up the correct number of instructors.
What to bring
- Some snacks and water to consume while on the slopes.
- Lunch, or money to buy lunch at the lodge.
- Warm clothes, particularly windproof pants and parka.
- Warm hat, mittens/gloves (glove liners), and neck gator are a must. If temps are near-zero, wear extra layers (poly-pro, pile, or wool) and a baklava or facemask
- Goggles and or sunglasses.
- Skis, boots and poles.
For this workshop, you must have telemark gear suitable for resort skiing, either a 3-pin or telemark binding, but not NNN, NIS, SNS, NNN-BC, or SNS-BC bindings. The terrain and conditions aren't ideal for lighter weight bindings, and other AMC workshops will be more suitable. Please call the workshop coordinator if you have questions or concerns.
ALL SKIS AT WACHUSETT MUST HAVE LEASHES OR SAFETY STRAPS. We can adapt a leash at the workshop, but please come prepared to speed up our departure in the morning.
Here is the link to the Registration Form.
Here is the link to the FAQs and PayPal button.
Contact Mustafa Varoglu for further questions.