AMC Mountains and Music Winter Weekend
February 15-18, 2019
Joe Dodge Lodge, Pinkham Notch, NH
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Register before 5:00 pm on January 19, 2019 and receive a $35 or more discount.
For over 40 years, AMC Mountains & Music has brought together participants of all ages who share a love of classical music and the outdoors for a weekend of music in the beautiful White Mountains. Our next weekend will again feature an enhanced collaboration of the orchestra and chorus. The chorus, conducted by Johnny Nichols, Music Director of the Ipswich Community Chorus and First Congregational Church Norwood will present a selection of popular Opera Choruses. Marshunda Smith, conductor of the No-Name Orchestra of Boston, and cellist with the North Shore Philharmonic Orchestra, will conduct the orchestra. Orchestra selections include the Haydn London Symphony and Grieg Erotik Op. 43 No. 5. There will be additional activities planned to take advantage of the optional third day on this long weekend!
Registration will be done directly with Joe Dodge Lodge. For instructions, CLICK HERE.
- You have the option of staying either two nights (Friday & Saturday) or three nights (Friday, Saturday & Sunday.)
- The weekend begins Friday with dinner and ends after lunch on either Sunday (for the two-night package) or Monday (for the three-night package.)
- Two night package includes 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, 2 nights lodging, tax, gratuities and an activity fee.
- Three night package includes 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts, 3 nights lodging, tax, gratuities an activity fee.
- Food is wholesome and hearty! If you have specific needs, the Pinkham staff will assist you.
- Pinkham charges an additional fee ($25/night/empty bed) for a 4-person room with fewer than four people. As always, this option depends on availability.
- You will be able to request with whom you want to share a room.
- Early Bird Discount - Register before 5:00 p.m. January 19, 2019 to receive the Early Bird discount of $35 or more.
- AMC Non-Member Rate Surcharge - AMC imposes a surcharge for non-members, so be sure to renew your membership! You may join or renew at time of registration.
- Singers will meet Friday night and Saturday afternoon to rehearse selected opera choruses with conductor Johnny Nichols in preparation for the informal Saturday night concert.
- Instrumentalists will rehearse with Marshunda Smith on Friday night in preparation for the informal concert on Saturday evening.
- Instrumentalists wishing to play in the choral performance will join the chorus for a Saturday afternoon rehearsal.
- Sunday evening Cabaret – open to any and all who wish to perform.
- Other music activities include a chamber music mixer, ad hoc chamber music and informal choral singing.
Outdoor Activities (either at Pinkham or nearby):
- Cross-country skiing
- Downhill skiing
- Nature walks or hiking trips of various levels led by AMC trained leaders and Pinkham naturalists
- Friday afternoon meet-and-greet
- Saturday evening post-concert party
- Informal socializing throughout the weekend
- Group Yoga
LISTENERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
For details about prices and how to register, CLICK HERE. If you have questions, you can ask the Pinkham staff when you register, or email one of the coordinators: