INTRO Committee Goals
- Ensure a sense of community among INTRO leaders and members
- Maintain an adequate number of skilled and experienced INTRO leaders
- Encourage the development of new INTRO leaders
Topics on this page
- Qualify to become an INTRO leader
- Get WMNF Guide cards
- Submit trip notices
- Trip Notice Deadlines
- Submit trip reports
Other Leader pages
To qualify to be an INTRO leader:
- Take Boston Chapter approved leadership training (usually offered Spring and Fall) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Co-lead two INTRO trips
- Send your application for leadership status to the Leadership Application Coordinator.
- requires completion of a wilderness first aid course every three years in addition to the general leadership requirements. We will reimburse you $100 for any approved Wilderness First Aid course you take after you lead your next INTRO trip. Send a copy of your certificate and the trip description to the INTRO Treasurer.
- requires completion of the Boston Chapter Leadership course or its equivalent and two INTRO trip co-leads. L2 leaders are permitted to lead only those trips close to readily available outside assistance.
WMNF (White Mountain National Forest) Guide Cards
AMC leaders are required to carry a guide card while leading trips of 5 or more participants in the White Mountain National Forest.
We issue guide cards to L1 leaders only, who have trips published in the AMC Outdoors or The Charles River MUD. Always carry your guide card because Forest Service Rangers will stop you - The fine is $500 if you don't have YOUR card. We receive cards based on the number of WMNF trips we led last year.
If you have not picked up a WMNF guide card from us at a trip planning meeting, you can contact the WMNF Guide Card Coordinator and she will send you the card and a trip report form. It is very important that you submit trip report information to us within two weeks of having led the trip. Information in the word document may be copied and pasted into an e-mail. Although group size on trails should be limited, only wilderness areas are limited to 10.
Submit Trip Notices
Write up your trip notice:
July 12-13, Hiking and Tanglewood Camping Weekend. Stay in commercial campground with showers, 2bkfsts, and one dinner included, as well as Sat. night concert ticket. $75. Contact L. John Smith (781-000-000) email@example.com or Co-L. Kim Darby (617-000-000) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to Trip Notice Submission Page to submit the notice. You will be able to complete a profile so that you don't have to complete this each time and you will be prompted to enter the appropriate information. You can view how the notice will look online and you can go back at any time to change the trip status, such as wait list, full, open, or cancelled. After you have entered your trip, it will be reviewed online by the INTRO Committee Trip Coordinator, who will approve it for publication. There is also a list online of trip coordinators and their contact information in case you have any questions.
Thanks for helping us provide safe, affordable, and fun trips!
Trip Publication Deadlines
|To appear in:||Submit online by:|
The Charles River Mud
|To appear in:||Submit online by:|
- If you run a day trip, fill out the form and e-mail it to us.
- If you run a weekend trip, please fill out and mail a trip report within two weeks of running your trip. Also include your trip fees. The INTRO Committee charges a $3 fee per participant for weekend trips.
Copyright. Appalachian Mountain Club. All rights reserved. Last updated September 2014.