Steps to Become a Leader with Boston Family Outings Committee:
- STEP 1: Take a leadership training program.
- STEP 2: Co-lead trips, fill out the evaluation forms, and take any WFA, first aid, and CPR classes required.
- STEP 3: Fill out the leader application form.
Below are some general resources for our current and prospective leaders. They contain most of the info you need to plan and run a successful trip!
- Family Outings Leader Requirements
- Online Leader Application (New!)
- Pre-Trip Resources
- During Trip Resources
- Post-Trip Resources
- Leader Handbook
Frequently Asked Questions
Family Outings Leader Requirements
Online Leader Application
Online Leader Application (New!)
How to Plan for and Post a Trip
- Posting – Read This First
- Post an Event in REGI
- Post a Trip in Activities Database (ActDb)
- Manage an Event on REGI (Open this AFTER you have posted on REGI and ActDb)
- Create a Trip Information Sheet, which should contain:
- Email our Family Outings Representatives if you need WMNF guide cards, winter or camping gear.
For Overnight Trips: Please contact our treasurer David Powell for budget approval and use the following form to track income and expenses:
- Trip Accounting Template (will download separately)
After your trip:
- Send a Post-Trip Email (sample here)
- Send this Post-trip survey to participants
- Scan and send in Waivers to AMC Headquarters (email address is on the form)
- Complete a White Mountain Summary of Use Form (Use if you lead a trip to the White Mountains – downloads in separate window as a Word Document)
- Send trip Accounting form to David Powell, treasurer. (overnight trips only)
- CoLeaders: Complete your CoLeader Self-Evaluation Form
- Leaders: fill out the Leader Evaluation Form (of the CoLeader by the Leader) (if you had a coleader on your trip applying for leadership)