Becoming a Leader or Co-Leader
Maintaining Leadership Status
- Training Grant
Program. Reimbursement for other training
activities for leaders and co-leaders. (You can also take
WFA again as a refresher.)
- Leader Review
Policy. The Young Members Steering Committee rules regarding leader review.
Before a Trip
- Plan your trip. Leadership training graduates who are interested
in YM will be invited to the leader list, which can help with finding
leaders or co-leaders for the trip.
- Trip Posting
Guidelines. Read these instructions to find out how to
format your trip properly, then post it for the world to see.
- AMC Liability Waiver Form (PDF) All participants are
required to sign a waiver, so print out this form to bring to
the trip. (If you need a PDF viewer, download the free Adobe
- WMNF Guide Card
program: If your trip visits the White Mountains National
Forest, you will need to obtain and bring a guide card.
After the Trip
- Liability waivers: Completed waivers should
be mailed directly to AMC Headquarters:
AMC Volunteer Release Agreement
5 Joy St.
Boston, MA 02108
Neither the YM Committee nor the Boston Chapter handle
- WMNF Reports: For trips in the White Mountains
National Forest, see the guide card
program for an additional reporting step.
- Money: For trips involving charges to participants,
see trip finance information.
- Accident Incident Report: Available in