Join other families in Saugus and Stoneham, MA about 20 minutes north of Boston for any or all of the activities below.:
1. We will walk/hike in Breakheart Reservation, Saugus, MA about 2 miles round trip to Castle Rock or 3 miles if the group is up for Eagle Rock and part of Lower Pond (about 286ft elev. with views of Boston skyline, NH, & ocean on a clear day). Trails are part road, dirt/gravel & some rock/ledge climbing so wear appropriate footwear for a "little" up hill elevation gain. Walk/hike is fun for all ages. Leader's 5, 4.5, & 2.5 year old grandkids have done and enjoyed this hike/walk.
2. After hike at 4:30 pm light supper & Planning meeting at 163 Elm Street, Stoneham which is about 3 miles from Breakheart. LIght supper provided by the committee (you bring potluck appetizers and dessert),
3. Trip Planning Meeting 5 PM - 6 PM. Everyone welcome. Children welcome.
Please register with Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-202-5606 and let us know who/how many you are and children's names/ages. Registered participants will be sent more info and directions.
- "Great opportunity to get to know the group".
- "Breakheart has a great history (both natural & cultural"
The Breakheart Reservation walk/hike will start at the Northeast Metro Tech High School at 100 Hemlock Road, Wakefield, MA. Park at the far end of parking lot close to the Reservation's west entry gate. Please be aware, Breakheart has two entrances (one